Power out in one area dont know what to do.

Old 09-07-11, 07:20 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power out in one area dont know what to do.

Okay so I rent a camper right now since Imonly in this town for a week or two max working and its a pretty nice one a little old but not bad for the price and the people connect the electric to it from an extension cord running from inside their house well my fiance decided to drive up and let my son visit me and he while I went to the bathroom cranked the A/C and fridge both. He has a fascination with buttons and knobs. And well the power went out I checked all the fuses in the camper and tried plugging the extension cord into another out let and its power came back on but the power in their laundry room which is where they first had the cord running from wont come on and also some of their outlets in the kitchen right beside it wont work also and the one that really gets me is their stove light and fan wont work but the electric stove its self is working fine. I tried resetting the main breaker and nothing happened and the tried doing the individually and this was still to no avail so I was wonder if it could have blown a breaker, a fuse short in the wire or what. And also if it was from the camper shouldn't something in here have shorted of blown also because nothing did everything is now working fine and thanks for the help in advance guys I really appreciate it all yeah I'm mainly asking because Ive taken advance home construction and electrical engineering in high school which was only 3 or 4 years ago so I remember most of it just cant remember this being covered lol but again thanks for any help because I really cant afford an electrician on my budget esp. with a sick toddler the med. bills are already piling up.

Old 09-07-11, 07:41 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
and the one that really gets me is their stove light and fan wont work but the electric stove its self is working fine. I tried resetting the main breaker and nothing happened
Could be a loose neutral on the main. Call the power company emergency number and tell them you think one of their legs dropped. They should come out 24-7 within an hour or two. It may not be on their side but if it is they will fix it free. Even if it is on your side they may tell you what needs fixing. Turn off all 240v equipment and appliances till this is fixed.

Old 09-07-11, 07:43 AM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Use more punctuation in future posts. It's hard to understand what you are saying without it.

All this items that are not working in the house, are they all on the same circuit?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: