CS6364, CS6364C, CS6364N ... What's the difference?


Old 09-14-11, 09:13 PM
crabjoe's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 287
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
CS6364, CS6364C, CS6364N ... What's the difference?

I'm getting closer to my backup power and need some clarification on the different twistlock ends for 50amp service.

I thought there was only 1 type, which was CS63634, but I'm seeing some ends listed as CS6364C and CS6364N. Can some one tell me what the difference is between the three? Is one more water resistant then the other or are all 3 the same, but different companies just happen to use C, N or just use the standard CS6364?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-11, 09:53 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,489
Received 32 Votes on 24 Posts
I'm not saying this is universally true but generally the C suffix means a connector body (female that "connects to the male inlet fitting) and the N suffix denotes nylon construction. Not all manufacturers use this convention but more often than not it is the case.

So the CS6364P would be a male plug, the CS6364C would be the female connector and the CS6364N could be either plug or connector made of nylon.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: