Square D QO retainer clip for back feed panel help???

Old 11-06-11, 03:50 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Square D QO retainer clip for back feed panel help???

I have built a detached garage and put in a Square D QO series panel. Since my power requirements are not huge, I have elected to go with a 60 amp main breaker. Since they really don't make a 60A main, I am backfeeding the panel, and after inspecting it, the inspector said I need a retainer clip to prevent the breaker from popping out, whcih makes sense.

I went to HD and bought the clip but honestly the directions suck and after trying many ways to secure the clip over the course of an hour, I gave up. Could someone refer me to some photos or a video? If nothing else, I suppose the inspector can help me out but I would really like to get it done.

Thanks

Old 11-07-11, 04:33 AM
A
bump...

This is the clip, but again the instructions suck

Square D PK2MB QO Retaining Kit

Any ideas?

Old 11-07-11, 08:47 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
The pros all seem to be out doing their RW jobs but one should be along soon. I can't answer you but I do remember you are not the first poster here puzzled by those.

Old 11-07-11, 08:51 PM
A
i've looked around on here some and haven;'t really found anything...hopefully someone will ahve some words of wisdom...

Old 11-08-11, 02:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
There should be a screw that came with that bracket. You will need a ratchet and a small socket as the screw mounts thru that bracket and presses against the breaker mounting rail. Try to dry fit the retainer to get an idea of how it hold the breaker.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: