Reliance/ Neutral switching transfer switch

Old 11-14-11, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reliance/ Neutral switching transfer switch

I purchased a Homelite 5000 watt generator with neutral bonded to frame-am considering the Reliance Panel/Link X series trransfer switch-does any-one have any good or bad reviews for this product or tips for easy instalation?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-11, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi truckerx,
I am looking into the Generac XG8000E which is GFCI protected and has a bonded neutral as your Homelite does. Did you ever get responses to your questions about the Reliance Panel/Link X transfer switches? It all just seems like an extra layer of potential problems with age to the generator & transfer switch. GFCI protected switches and circuit breakers are less reliable than non-protected and with a system used during emergencies and likely bad weather it seems like you are asking for more problems. I just can't find anyone who makes me comfortable with bonded neutral / GFCI protected backup household systems. What are your thoughts now that you have been focused on this for awhile? Bob

Old 11-18-11, 10:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
Reliance products usually come with a pretty good instruction sheet. I've always been happy with their products. I don't have a specific endorsement of that product, but generally a good company.

What code version is your jurisdiction on? That makes a difference as to what is required and optional regarding the bonded neutral.