Motor wiring

Old 12-07-11, 07:40 PM
Motor wiring

I hope i've posted this to the correct section.
I'm wiring this single phase motor thats connected to an arm thats eventually going to have a little tv at the end of it. So the idea is it sits under a table until i press a button and the arm comes out revealing the tv.

it obviously going to have limit switches on it and any other suggestions are appreciated. It will be plugged into the mains.It has to be able to go forward and reverse to come from under the table then retract again.
i know very little about motors so anybody any idea how to wire it and what is needed?
Don't worry if you equally have no idea, it's going to have to be alot of trial and error i think, just wiring and rewiring. Kind of a hobby and hoping for a really cool device in the kitchen.
Thanks everybody for helping regardless,
Mark.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-11, 09:08 PM
The first thing is to get a reversible motor, not all motors can be reversed.

Old 12-07-11, 09:32 PM
Group Moderator
Just guesses. Some type of DC stepper motor. Maybe a servo motor. DC would give easy reversibility and a servo motor precise positioning. Cost and torque though could be a problem.

Old 12-07-11, 09:55 PM
its a very small, light tv so torque shouldn't be a problem. takee that all on board. if the motor is correct, is the wiring and function easy?

Old 12-07-11, 11:08 PM
I suggest you work out the mechanicals first; arms, pivot points, counterweights and springs (if any) and how you will have the motor power the device. The motor itself and the wiring are probably the simplest part.