Electrical Outlets Not Working, Please Help.

Old 12-14-11, 08:51 PM
Red face Electrical Outlets Not Working, Please Help.

I used to open my 1500 watts portable heater in my room for many years without any problem. But last week when I turned the heater on, the Outlets shutdown and the one with the same circuit were down too. I tried to reset each circuit breaker completely OFF and then back ON with no luck. But the funny thing was that after about 20 hours, the Outlets went on by itself. Then when I turned the heater on, Outlets shutdown again and turn it on after about 20 hour by itself. Does anyone know what happen?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-11, 10:21 PM
You have a poor connection somewhere. You will need to open every single "outlet" on the circuit and check the wiring. If the wires to the receptacles (what is commonly called an "outlet") are merely pushed into holes in the back of the receptacle you need to move these wires to the side screws. Really cheap receptacles don't even have screws and if this is what you have you need to replace the receptacles with higher quality models.

If all the wires are already under the screw terminals then you need to look at any "wire nuts" (twist-on self insulating wire connectors) and make certain there are no loose or broken wires. If you have aluminum wiring then your troubles have only just begun.