Lights in Bathroom Not Working

Old 02-11-12, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lights in Bathroom Not Working

I have dual vanities in the master bath and all the receptacles in the room are working but the switches to both lights over the vanities when flipped on do not turn the lights on.

Checked the breakers and the receptacles and lights are on separate breakers however neither breaker was thrown.
Turned the breakers on and off anyway to test and the lights still will not come on.

The house is approx 5 years old and the breaker for the light switches is a 20 amp breaker. Would a breaker go out that soon? Also if it is a breaker, can I change that out myself, of course after turning off the main?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/remedies.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-12, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thinking maybe now it is not the breaker but don't know where else to look.
Thanks

Old 02-11-12, 11:35 AM
Received 29 Votes on 23 Posts
There could be a bad connection in a junction box, in the switch boxes, in another ceiling box in an adjoining room or anywhere else along the routing of the circuit. The light bulbs could also be burned out. I think I'd start by checking for power at the sockets of the fixtures and then removing the switches and checking for power with a meter and then start working my way back toward the panel. Do you have any lighting problems in other rooms near the bathroom? It could be a bad breaker, but I'd say it probably isn't likely.