Intermatic T104R with 2 pumps & switch (diagram)

Old 04-27-12, 10:46 AM
Intermatic T104R with 2 pumps & switch (diagram)

I am replacing my old TORK pool timer with an Intermatic T104R DPST timer. I took it all apart last year and forgot how the wiring was done (I know, take pictures/label). Anyways, I drew out how I intend on re-wiring everything and was wondering if someone could take a look and see if I'm missing anything.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1036361...eat=directlink

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-12, 11:16 AM
Group Moderator
Does the white wire represent neutral? If the pump is 240v it would not have a neutral. You seem to have both voltages listed on the pumps. Which is it? Your diagram clearly indicates the timer controls 240 volt line in based on a black and red wire in your diagram.

Old 04-27-12, 04:21 PM
Sorry for the delay, but yes, the white represents the neutral. I've posted two more pictures of the pumps that I would like to use. They have a diagram on them to wire for low or high voltage which I assume would be 120/240. I would like to keep the pumps at 240 if possible, but I cant figure out how they would be wired so I figured that I may be able to wire them as 120.--Side note, the Black Red White wires are attached to a double 20 breaker at the electrical panel.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1036361...eat=directlink

Old 04-27-12, 06:08 PM
I would like to keep the pumps at 240 if possible, but I cant figure out how they would be wired
yes, the white represents the neutral.
Single-phase 240 does not have a neutral. As the high voltage diagram indicates, it has two line voltage feeds. You also need an equipment grounding conductor (a ground wire).

the Black Red White wires are attached to a double 20 breaker at the electrical panel.
Black and Red to the DP breaker. No White, especially not to a breaker. Bare copper or Green to the grounding buss bar.

I drew out how I intend on re-wiring everything and was wondering if someone could take a look and see if I'm missing anything.
From your drawing, I'm assuming that your goal is to have the timer control the power supply to the main pump and to a toggle switch for the booster pump. For that to work at 240V, you'll need two line feeds from the timer to the main pump and another two line feeds from the timer to the toggle switch for the booster pump. The toggle switch for the booster pump will need to be a DPST (double pole single throw) switch.

Old 04-27-12, 06:28 PM
Great information, thank you. I'm thinking about just keeping it easy and only wiring the main pump to the timer and keeping the booster pump on a toggle switch with a continuous feed. In that case, would I just cap the white wire before the timer, or does it get tied in elsewhere?

Old 04-27-12, 06:42 PM
Group Moderator
White wire is not used. Cap it off.

Old 04-27-12, 06:55 PM
Great! Thanks for the help.