what do i need for parts


Old 06-09-12, 10:42 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
what do i need for parts

We have one well 65ft. deep between two cabins we both have pressure tanks and controls in each cabin the power is run to the well from each cabin. we live in our cabin in the winter and he live in his in the summer. We wire the pump each time we change who is there. Is there some switch that we can install so that we can just switch the switch instead of rewireing each time.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-12, 11:24 AM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 644
The parts

It's called a double throw switch, depending on wether the pump is 120, or 220. It would be single pole double throw. or double pole double throw. If you asked this question in the electrical forum, you will get an answer there also.
Old 06-10-12, 01:16 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 104
Why not just install a plug? Just switch from one plug to the other. I've done it many times (installed a plug). Just make sure your plug is rated for the HP/amp draw of the motor.
Old 06-10-12, 01:48 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 12,287
Moved to electrical section. Though, the info you have been given is good, somebody else might have something better.

Note: if you did install a cord and plug, a in-use cover would be required.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes