Hot tub wiring ptoblems

Old 07-20-12, 10:59 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Hot tub wiring ptoblems

Just installed a new control box and heater and when you hook up the wiring it will pop the breaker as soon as you turn it on. I have a 4 wire hook up 2 black wires and one white wire and one smaller green wire. I have the blacks hooked up to where it says hot one is for the black and one for red than I have the white one hooked up to the white slot and the green to the ground bar. this control box is from the hot tub works I can't seem to figure out whats wrong if I diconnect the wires and test them not connected to the control box I have 220 but if I hook them up they pop the breaker any help would be great thanks. and the wiring from the GFI box is new and installed by an electian and it worked to the old box just the old box had a bad printed circut board and was cheaper to replace all of it than just the board.

Old 07-20-12, 06:13 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where is the white wire from the spa hooked up to in GFCI box?

Old 07-21-12, 03:12 PM
Received 6 Upvotes on 5 Posts
if I diconnect the wires and test them not connected to the control box I have 220 but...
A multimeter should show 240V between the two hot leads.

What do you read when you test between each hot lead and the neutral wire? Between each hot lead and the ground wire?

At the place where the wires connect to the tub, with the wires disconnected, test for continuity between the terminal for each hot wire and the terminal for the neutral. Also between the terminal for each hot wire and the terminal for the ground.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: