Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

1991 Home 2 story with basement I want to put a sub panel in basement I need adv

1991 Home 2 story with basement I want to put a sub panel in basement I need adv

Old 07-23-12, 10:18 PM

I purchased my home in June of 1991, untill recently this was unencorporated North Fulton County, GA however it is now the City of Johns Creek GA still part of Fulton County, GA.

my electrical panel is a GE Load Center Cat# TLM1620c Mod 1.

although there is 220 for a dryer I use a Gas Dryer, A Gas Oven & a Gas Rinaldi Tankless water heater. I use Gas heat and may change in the future to a dual fuel system.

My home is a 2 story home with a full walk out basement. I'm looking to wire up the basement to finish it out. I'm not sure if I'm going to instal a HVAC system for the basement. Also If I build out my deck I would be enclosing it. I would then want to have power for the deck to run a starter for our BBQ Grill.

our power here is brought thru undergournd utilities, and the main breaker panel listed above is in the garage on an inside wall.

Could somone please give me some advice. Thank you

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-12, 04:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! John's Creek, and you only have a single breaker panel? I would have thought you would have had two. What is the amperage size of the main breaker in this panel? What type breaker is installed in slots numbered 1 and 10? Are they single breakers or double? Is there any service hooked to them?

Old 07-24-12, 10:09 PM
although there is 220 for a dryer I use a Gas Dryer
Where is that dryer circuit? I only see 120V circuits on the panel directory you posted.

Old 07-25-12, 06:27 PM
This appears to be a GE MLO 16 space 32 circuit loadcenter. I would assume that the 30 amp unlabelled circuit is a 2 pole Type THQP thin breaker for the dryer circuit and the 40 amp unlabelled circuit is a similar 2 pole 40 amp breaker for the air conditioning.

PowerMark Gold 200 amp 16-Space 32-Circuit Indoor Main Lug Load Center-TLM1620CCU at The Home Depot

The posted panel schedule shows 20 circuits, but the panel only has 16 spaces so at least some of the breakers must be the Type THQP thin style.