Do I need to bond in my sub panel

Old 08-05-12, 12:10 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do I need to bond in my sub panel

I have a GE Main Lug sub panel box Model TL412R1P. This sub panel can be used as main breaker or just attach sub download lines to the two main lugs.

There is a bond strap type apparatus inside the panel.

My question is this: What do I do with the bare equipment ground wired that will be coming in and also going out of this panel? I don't see any seperate grouned strip.

I plan on coming off a 20 amp breaker from the main breaker box to the download sub-panel which will be a #10/3 wire Red, Black, Neutral, and bare ground. I will be putting individual breakers in the sub-panel and then downloading each one to a 3 circuit timer for my pool heater, cleaner, and lights.

The diagram on the panel is so faded and small I can't make it out.

Thanks

Old 08-05-12, 06:23 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
You need to add a ground bar. All grounding goes to the ground bar. The neutral bar is not bonded to the panel. If this subpanel is in a detached building because it has room for eight circuits you will need to add a main breaker. If it is in a detached structure you will also need an 8 foot ground rod. If this is outside cable can not be used because exterior wiring to a pool requires an insulated ground.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: