old farm wiring

Old 08-08-12, 11:55 AM
old farm wiring

i have 3 telephone poles one at the roadside one at the pump house and one at the barns the one at the pump house has the meter and a 100 amp rain proof breaker panel that is all that is in there a 100 amp breaker and from there it goes to the house 100 amp panel and also from the pump house pole wires go to the barns the house and the barn wiring to the disconnects at the barn and the main panel at the house are protected by the pump house pole 100 amp breaker which needs to be replaced i was wondering if for one that is the correct way to do it because wouldnt my house panel and my barn disconnects be considered sub panels what i want to do is add electric to my detached garage whic is 15ft from the pump house pole thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-12, 01:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums. On your keyboard you will find two very important keys....the period key and the shift key. Can you reconstruct your post using them? It is too difficult to follow your train of thought in it's current mode.

Old 08-08-12, 05:25 PM
The barn disconnects, the house panel, and the new garage panel are all considered subpanels.

You need four conductors (hot, hot, neutral, ground) running from the disconnect on the pump house pole to each of the three locations: the barn, the house, and the detached garage.