old farm wiring


Old 08-08-12, 11:55 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
old farm wiring

i have 3 telephone poles one at the roadside one at the pump house and one at the barns the one at the pump house has the meter and a 100 amp rain proof breaker panel that is all that is in there a 100 amp breaker and from there it goes to the house 100 amp panel and also from the pump house pole wires go to the barns the house and the barn wiring to the disconnects at the barn and the main panel at the house are protected by the pump house pole 100 amp breaker which needs to be replaced i was wondering if for one that is the correct way to do it because wouldnt my house panel and my barn disconnects be considered sub panels what i want to do is add electric to my detached garage whic is 15ft from the pump house pole thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-12, 01:09 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,968
Welcome to the forums. On your keyboard you will find two very important keys....the period key and the shift key. Can you reconstruct your post using them? It is too difficult to follow your train of thought in it's current mode.
Old 08-08-12, 05:25 PM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,850
The barn disconnects, the house panel, and the new garage panel are all considered subpanels.

You need four conductors (hot, hot, neutral, ground) running from the disconnect on the pump house pole to each of the three locations: the barn, the house, and the detached garage.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes