Challenger Electrical Panel Help

Old 08-16-12, 12:40 PM
Challenger Electrical Panel Help

Hello group
While remodeling our house, we lost the cover for our Challenger Electrical Panel. Since then i have been searching everywhere and can't find one. I need the cover to get the final inspection approval. Since i don't have the cover, i don't know the model number or any information, but it has 19 brakers on it and it's 36" long.

Can anyone help me out on this. I need to purchase one ASAP. My name is Mike
I have attached the picture of the panel as well.

Attached Images  

Last edited by pcboss; 08-16-12 at 01:39 PM. Reason: removed phone number
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-12, 01:27 PM
Group Moderator
Quickest may be to have a sheet metal shop make one. Make one yourself out of heavy poster board and once it fits right take it to the metal shop to have it duplicated in metal.

Old 08-16-12, 01:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You may want to check with a local electrical supply house. Your power company should also have an approved list of service equipment.

Old 08-16-12, 05:35 PM
I think your best bet would be to replace the whole unit, but you might get lucky by checking some used electrical equipment suppliers. You might find a sheet metal shop who can duplicate it, but it'll never fit like the factory original cover did. Challenger has been gone for quite a while, good luck.

Old 08-16-12, 05:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The other potential issue with a made cover is if any labeling was on the inside of the old cover that had instructions like torque, allowable wire combination etc would not be there.

Old 08-20-12, 01:15 PM
Replace that thing.....Challenger used a mish-mash of Zinsco and regular plug in breakers and it looks like that uses a bolt in 200 amp main...and you will not find one unless it is used or horribly expensive or both. Even the plug in 200 amp mains are over 250 dollars......And they won't be around for long either.

Old 08-20-12, 01:30 PM
You will not find a cover unless you are VERY lucky...They have been gone way too long. Might check Ebay but not sure what else to offer.