Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

RV 9 Pin round adapter to a 7 Pin flat connector?????? Help

Old 09-06-12, 02:20 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hello All! New to this forum and very happy to have found it. I think this will become one of my addictions as I am an avid do it yourselfer. Thank you all for your support and input for many reasons.. Ok! I have recently acquired a (new to me) 1985 Vacationeer 5th wheel 24 ' and I am trying to bring it home to my home in Bakersfield aprox. 100 miles away to work on it. I had a friend of mine take me the 100 miles away to pick it up with his truck - One problem he has the standard 7 Pin flat connector on his truck and the trailer (new to me ) is a 9 Pin round connector BIG Problem, we need the trailer brakes and lights to work to move it ---- Do they make an adaptor ? I have had no luck with my local RV store trying to find one. I've found on line male and female plugs for a 9 Pin just do not know what pins not too hook up . Any help or assistance would be appreciated :wall:

Thanks !

Old 09-06-12, 02:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I am not sure about the 9 pin, but even Walmart carries adapters, some you can hardwire from the back, so it won't matter what your trailer configuration is. I have one for my 4 pin flat connector trailers that hooks to an adapter to my 7 pin truck.

Old 09-06-12, 02:32 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Checked good ole walley world - no luck and just have to figure out what wires are not going to be connected to the 7 pin if I do go from the 7 pin truck to the 9 pin trailer .

Old 09-06-12, 05:52 PM
Received 108 Votes on 95 Posts
I think you'll have to get familiar with some RV websites, try looking at this one and see if you find what you need. Then, you'll have to find a place to purchase or order the connectors.

9 pin trailer wiring diagram - Google Search

Old 09-06-12, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I've recently learned that a full-service U-Haul center may be the best place to acquire adapters and/or parts for connecting wiring harnesses. It's because they sell and install so many hitches, and install the wiring connectors to go with them.

I would ask them. I bet if they can't just do the work, they'll know who can. A 5th wheel trailer may not be something the work on, at least not often, but they might still know.

BTW, my only connection to U-Haul is as a customer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: