Wiring Lennox fireplace

Old 09-22-12, 07:13 AM
Wiring Lennox fireplace

I'm looking for some guidance on connecting the electrical wires to the fireplace when I do not plan to have a wall switch (we have a remote control). I've got 14/2 wire running power to the fireplace. The fireplace outlet has 14/3 wires. Diagram shows the red wire is for with optional wall switch. If I'm not connecting a wall switch will I connect the red wire with the black wires? Diagrams don't tell me this.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-12, 08:16 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums. Not enough information. You need to post the diagram. Do you have an on line link for it or can you scan it and post the image. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/li...-pictures.html

Old 09-22-12, 09:07 AM
can you post the diagram?

Old 09-22-12, 08:39 PM
wiring diagram but do not need the wall-mounted switch...

I have attached the diagram. I believe it is firgure 7 on page 3 http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/...ts_750028M.pdf.

Old 09-22-12, 09:05 PM
You provided instructions for a blower kit. Are you using a blower? The diagram is for using a switch to control the blower, not the fireplace. Are you sure you don't want a switch for the blower (if you are using a blower)? Is your remote supposed to control the blower or just turn the flame on/off?

A switch must be used to control the blower unless you have something else that is supposed to plug into the receptacle inline with the blower cord.

Most of these units were not electronic ignition. They typically use a standing pilot with a power pile to generate MV to control the gas valve which then has a switch to complete the circuit to turn on the main gas valve. Do you have a model number of the fireplace?

Old 09-23-12, 02:45 PM
Model EDV4035

The fireplace model is EDV4035.

Old 09-23-12, 04:02 PM
If you are not using an option switch then connect back and red both to the incoming Black (hot wire) Connect white wire (common) to common terminal of receptacle, and Ground wire to ground terminal of receptacle

http://www.vangasfireplaces.com/uplo...stallation.pdf

Old 09-23-12, 05:15 PM
Thank you

Thank you for your help with the red wire!