Electrical Plug question?

Old 10-08-12, 02:10 PM
Electrical Plug question?

Hello, I currently bought a house. I am doing some renos to my kitchen. The house came with the appliances and I want to change the microwave and put a Air King stainless steel range hood. It requires a plug or hardwire it in. I found that there was a plug for the microwave where I want to put the Range hood. But as i was inspecting the plug making sure its code etc was right I found it was on the same circuit as the fridge. Which I thought the fridge should be on its own plug. Anyways...I am willing to change it and make it right. But before I do that...is it possiable since I am not putting a microwave back on that plug but a range hood...will it be safe to leave it on the same circuit as the fridge? My fridge is new and only couple years old its energy efficicent. I have check it out and the two plugs are the only ones on the same circuit. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-12, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
Yes, that will be okay as long as it is not one of the two counter top receptacle circuits.

Old 10-08-12, 02:43 PM
reply:

No it isn't. the only two that are connected right now is the fridge and now the Range Hood (Air King) exhaust fan which is above the stove they would be on its own circuit. Thats ok correct?

Old 10-08-12, 04:06 PM
Group Moderator
Yes it is okay.