Entire circuit without power!?

Old 10-12-12, 05:39 PM
Entire circuit without power!?

I consider myself a novice electrician at best but I should be able to figure this one out....and can't.

So today an entire circuit in my house lost power. Normally its one of two things: tripped breaker or tripped GFIC. The breaker isn't tripped but I reset it anyway. And this circuit doesn't have a GFIC on it. It powers some wall outlets in a couple different rooms some recessed lights and a ceiling fan. In one of the outlets is my tv with able box, which was on when the power went out. The circuit is 15amps. All other circuits in the house seem to be ok.

Oh, one other thing to mention: back in march I installed a generator transfer switch. This circuit is one of those I wired into the transfe switch. Is it possible one of the wires came loose and resulted in this? I'm thinking no and haven't yet opened up the breaker panel to check.

Any suggestions on where to start? Kinda worried here.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-12, 06:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you start at the panel it would rule out needing to look at all the other connections in the circuit.

If you have power at the panel it will then become an easter egg hunt for a loose connection.