Generator interlock panel

Old 11-17-12, 08:26 PM
Generator interlock panel

Attachment 5645I'm planning on using this panel for standby power from my portable generator.The generator I have is a Rigid 5000 watt with a 30 amp 120/240 volt 4 wire twist lock receptacle and 2 GFI 120 volt receptacles.I plan on installing this panel adjacent to my main panel fed from my main panel with a 60 amp breaker,and taking the necessary circuits like my refridgerator,well,heater etc. and having them fed from this panel.Is an interlock like this UL listed? ANd is this way I was explaining code?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-12, 08:27 PM
Group Moderator
That is really not an interlock. That is a dedicated generator sub panel. Your pics are small and the link doesn't work but I'm assuming that you are going to be using the panel dedicated for generator use.

Old 11-17-12, 08:36 PM
Group Moderator
What's the make and model of the panel ? Something in the Reliance line ?

Old 11-17-12, 08:51 PM
Yeah sorry about the pictures,I couldn't figure out how to upload the images so people could click on them to get a better look.I was planning on wiring it to my main panel like a subpanel would be and having the necessary circuits wired into the generator panel.I'll be feeding the Generator breaker with 10/3 from the inlet outside.

Old 11-17-12, 08:55 PM
Group Moderator
If it's a Square D product then it should be a good choice for your job. They make quality equipment.

Old 11-17-12, 09:00 PM
It's actually a Square D it's on an online auction site,that's why the images are too small to look at.It doesn't state the model number but I can ask the seller.It has a 60 amp main breaker with a 30 amp generator breaker and it's a 20 circuit panel.