Electricity in backyard storage shed

Old 12-22-12, 09:56 AM
Electricity in backyard storage shed

I am building a storage shed in my backyard, and I want to see what I have to do to have some electricity inside. Currently I just have an extension cord out to the shed while I am working on it. I plug into tools and lights, and when I'm done take the cord back out. I would like to mount a couple of boxes or some kind of outlet strip to keep the tangle of wires off of the floor. I am using power tools inside right now while building, but eventually it will only be lighting. Can I mount boxes to the studs with wiring, and plug an extenion cord into them. Eventually I know I will need to bury conduit, but this is a buy as I go project, and it is more important to finish it even if the only lighting was sunlight through the window. If I were to mount boxes, I would want to have the potential to create a new circuit, but that would be far down the road.
Any tips or ideas are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-12, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
You might want to look at the first few posts in http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...et-outlet.html but remember the extension cord is for temporary use only and should be removed and stored when not in use.