need help with a Double poll thermostat

Old 02-23-13, 03:01 PM
Post need help with a Double poll thermostat

i my kitchen i have two baseboard heater with built in themostat with there own power supply i want to put a wall mounted thermostat to run both heater can this be done

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-13, 03:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! If they are in different parts of the kitchen, I can't see the benefit of having a single thermostat, when the two will work independently of each other and control heat better than one will. Fill us in. It can be done, don't get me wrong, I just am curious as to why.

Old 02-23-13, 03:21 PM
In theory, yes. But the feasibility depends on the details of your situation. You would need to run an adequately sized line from your panel to the new thermostat, and from there feed the two heaters, bypassing the internal stats. This may involve a complete rewiring of the heaters, so one initial question is whether you have access to all of the wiring routes. (I am ignoring wire/breaker sizing and heater specs.)

Old 02-23-13, 05:39 PM
i have two baseboard heater with built in themostat with there own power supply
If you mean each heater has it's own circuit, you would need to rewire those circuits to an interior wall for the thermostat location. Ideally, you would feed both heaters with one circuit and only have one wall thermostat. You have not provided wattage of the heaters so without the full information, it is impossible to say if this would work.

Old 02-23-13, 07:27 PM
What size is each heater? In either watts or amperage, as printed on the nameplates.