anyone know fuse shortcut?

Old 02-04-01, 12:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

i live in a very small town, and cannot purchase a new fuse on the weekend for my old fusebox, anyone know a way to make it work until monday comes along?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-01, 01:30 PM
Visiting Guest
No , Youre only asking for trouble by placing anything other than a fuse in the box . Buy some replacements & have them handy in case one blows .

Old 02-04-01, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If I remember right , I have seen fuse/breaker adapters around. It basicly looks like a fuse, that screws into the circuit panel, and it has a button at the center of the fuse lookalike, and it acts as breaker. This breaker is in the shape of a fuse and screws into where the fuse would have normally went. If you pop the breaker just push in the button to reset. I am not sure of the cost of them or where I saw them for that matter. Should you locate such a beast and decide to use them make sure it is the proper rating for the circuit you are using.

The other option however, fuses are fairly cheap, just stock up on some and you will always have spares.

Old 02-04-01, 03:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

John,
I live in a very small town, too, but even the 24/7 convenience stores carry fuses. You shouldn't have to wait until a hardware store opens. Call around.
Just don't put in a higher amp fuse than that circuit allows, and DON'T do anything "temporary". Your family will thank you, your fire department will thank you, your insurance company will thank you, etc.
Good Luck!

Old 02-07-01, 12:25 PM
Torch
Visiting Guest
dkerr- Sears sells those minibreakers that replace fuses. Used them for years, I would recommend them to anyone that can't replace their whole box.