Compare QO and QB Powerpact Square D circuit breakers

Old 03-23-13, 01:01 AM
Compare QO and QB Powerpact Square D circuit breakers

I am looking to install a main disconnect switch in my home and have access to both QO series and QB Powerpact series Square D breakers and enclosures, besides the cost, is one breaker made better than the other? Thank you for your feedback.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-13, 03:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Apples, pears and oranges. Which makes better moonshine? Really difficult to tell you anything unless we know all the ins and outs of what you are doing and what equipment you are dealing with. What type breaker does the panel call for on the cover? It will say QO, etc. What brand panel is it?

Old 03-23-13, 10:32 AM
Each is made for it's own application. The QB I believe is for industrial / commercial. It doesn't mean It's better. It's spec'd differently. QO is a great breaker. Don't beat this or yourself to death over what's better. The over current protection is perfect and you'll likely never even move the handle but a few times in your lifespan. QO.

Old 03-24-13, 06:46 AM
Type QB is just a larger frame breaker and may be more commonly used as a main breaker. I suspect the interrupting capacity is also higher than that of your typical QO circuit breaker as well. Both are good breakers for their intended purposes.