electricity on and off

Old 03-24-13, 02:50 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
electricity on and off

I plugged in a ipad to charge and the socket blew and tripped the breaker. I turned the breaker back on again and everything was fine. Then a few minutes later all electricity went off. The breaker did not trip. After a few minutes it came back on again by itself and since then about every 15 mins the electricity goes off and comes back on by itself. Any suggestions?

Old 03-24-13, 03:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I would contact my power company to see if they may be working on the lines in some fashion. Often they will disconnect the power to part of the grid for repairs or installation of new service for customers. Do this right now. Do not wait. It is their responsibility and it is free, so call their emergency number.

I find it odd that a wall wart charger would trip a breaker, however. What all do you have plugged into that particular circuit? It may be on the verge of overload and your charger broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Old 03-24-13, 04:17 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A lost neutral is the first thing that comes to mind.

Old 03-24-13, 06:00 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Have you opened the receptacle and checked the connections and moved any back stabs there or anywhere on the circuit to the screws. See also: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ther-info.html

Old 03-24-13, 06:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You know, I may have over reacted, when she said "all the electricity" went off. I immediately thought electricity in the entire house, not just to that receptacle.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: