Best Way to Obscure Cords

Old 04-02-13, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Best Way to Obscure Cords

Hi;
I have a somewhat unusual situation. I have a newly constructed home which is about a year old now. As we sometimes have tough winters here in SE PA, I took the advise of my builder and bought heat tapes for my gutters to avoid ice dams. I put them up myself in the fall. I have two separate kits for the front of the house and rear. I bought control boxes (thermostats) for each one too. I have them plugged into the outside (porch) GFPs so I can turn them off when I really don't want them to work by just pushing the TEST & RESET buttons. Here's my problem. I permanently mounted the control boxes onto the overhang below the gutters and the black power cords for the control boxes are visible as they go down to the GPFs. The power cords for the tapes themselves are also visible coming from the gutter to the control box. I'd like to obscure these cords for the warmer months as they are somewhat of a eyesore. Taking the whole setup down and reinstalling in the fall could be done, but it took me three days to install them and I'd like to keep everything up where it is. Any ideas to obscure these cords would be much appreciated.

John Bowen-Reading PA

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-13, 12:07 AM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 347 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I have de-ice cables up too. I put the receptacles under the eaves so they are barely noticeable.

It's very hard to offer you any suggestions without seeing the house. Is it possible to take a picture or two and post them here for us?