Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Looking for help in Los Angeles with low-voltage residential wire pulls

Old 04-07-13, 07:46 PM

Mostly needed for CAT6/RG6.

Any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Ok, I wanted to do this all myself but due to time constraints (and lack of expertise), I'd like to find someone to do the pulls or at least provide consultation with approach and can pay either fixed-bid for whole job or time-and-materials for assistance, whatever they want.

Problem is I've tried Angies List and there are few people who do this in residential settings and the ones that I've found seem to know little more than I do based on their approach (or lack-thereof).

My issues are that I have a flat roof in part of the house (no attic) and also a vaulted ceiling in one part (no attic). The rest of the house has attic access.

Can anyone suggest either a company or an individual in the Los Angeles area that might be experienced in residential pulls?

THANKS in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-13, 08:09 PM
Looking for help in Los Angeles with low-voltage residential wire pulls...

I've tried Angies List and there are few people who do this in residential settings and the ones that I've found seem to know little more than I do based on their approach (or lack-thereof)...

Can anyone suggest either a company or an individual in the Los Angeles area that might be experienced in residential pulls?
No. Referrals are not within forum policy.

You're looking for people with a specialized skill set. It's unlikely that that would have made it to a review on Angie's List.

I would start by calling electrical contractors, looking for any that will quote you a price, tell you who they sub this work to, or offer to hook you up with some of their employees as a side job.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-13, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the advice and it's true...electricians (good ones) should hopefully feel comfortable with how to get through existing walls/roofs since wire is wire.

I realize they might not know how to terminate, etc. but I really don't need that but rather making sure I think of the right approach of where to cut, how to cut, etc.

Thanks