Attaching PVC to concrete

Old 05-11-13, 10:31 AM
Attaching PVC to concrete

I want to add a couple of circuits to my house in the one bedroom For my ham radio shack.
I have a nice concrete area below the stucco that would work well for attaching the PVC pipe I want to use.
I have used Hilti power guns at work years ago and I see I can buy a single shot hammer style fastener for around $22 locally.
So I am assuming you would use a 1/4" stud to mount the clamps or would you just shoot the rail fastener directly on top of the clamp?
Shooting the fastener on to of the clamp I was worried about shattering the plastic clamp.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-13, 11:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Don't shoot through the clamp. In your instance, I would be more inclined to use Tapcon screws, or even lag shields and lag screws. What is behind your stucco? Concrete, wood framing?

Old 05-11-13, 11:30 AM
I am not going into the stucco. I am going into the concrete below the stucco.
I don't own a hammer drill to drill for the tapcons and thought it would be easier to use the powder actuated tool to do this.
I rented a hammer drill to install some ground rods and it cost me $43 for 4 hours. For that I can buy a cheap powder actuated tool and some fasteners and studs and I would own the thing for less money.

Old 05-11-13, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
If you used metal clamps, no problem with shattering....not sure if they will fit PVC conduit though. You could probably go up a size?

Old 05-11-13, 11:38 AM
OK, simple solution and I could just use the nail fasteners with the washers on them like I used years ago.
Thanks for the reminder and the idea to use the metal.