Bathroom mwbc

Old 06-05-13, 11:47 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom mwbc

I am planning to do the wiring in my new basement bathroom and I would need some advice if what I am planning to do makes sense.

I was going to run a 14/3 cable from a two-pole 15A breaker, in one circuit I would have all the light fixtures and the other circuit with the black wire would be in the load side of a GFCI receptacle with 1 receptacle and a fan (above the shower). Then I would also connect a 240V 500W baseboard heater with the two red and black hot wires...Is this ok or I would be better off pulling a separate circuit just for the heater?

Any suggestions are appreciated, keep in mind that I’m in Canada, so not sure how much the code differs from the US.

Old 06-05-13, 12:01 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
By code bathroom receptacles must be on a 20 amp dedicated circuit. If the circuit serves only one bathroom the lights can be on the same circuit or any other 15 or 20 amp circuit with adequate capacity.

Old 06-05-13, 01:18 PM
Received 6 Upvotes on 5 Posts
As Ray noted, a dedicated 20A circuit for the receptacle and lights. Since you're in Canada, you will have to install a 20A GFCI receptacle. The wiring for a second receptacle and the fan over the shower can be run from the LOAD terminals on the GFCI receptacle, as you suggest.

The heater should have its own 240V circuit with GFCI protection. Use a 2-pole GFCI breaker to provide that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: