Special switch


Old 06-07-13, 11:35 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Special switch

I was curious if the switch I'm thinking of exist and what the name would be called so I can order one. Ok here's what I want to happen:


I want a switch that will connect a circuit when 5v (or 12v) power is running to it then when the 5v power has stop running it opens the connection.

5v power on {12v Battery}-----------------------[Light on]

5v power off {12v Battery}-------- /-------------[light off]

Looking for cheap like a small circuit board or something.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-13, 12:31 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: VA.
Posts: 813
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Use a relay. When power is applied to it's coil it will switch the contacts to turn light on by hooking lights to it's normally open contacts.

Here's a link to some relays with 5 and 12 VDC coils.Relays - Sensors, Switches & Relays from Allied Electronics
Old 06-07-13, 01:52 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,493
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Depending on the load (size of the lamp bulb) you may find a suitable relay at your local Radio Shack.
Old 06-07-13, 04:03 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank You!

I think that will work perfectly awesome! Thank you for the quick response too!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: