Weird light switch and electrical wall outlet problem

Old 07-05-13, 07:53 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Weird light switch and electrical wall outlet problem

Hello, I am new but I have a weird problem in my kitchen I have a lutron switch with a simmer and 4 wall sockets that just stop working I went down to my breaker box and looked none of the breakers where tripped but I still went threw all the ones marked kitchen and switch them back and forth to see if that would fix it ...My questions is does this sound like something has come loose in the wall because it all of them are connected ..lights still come on range comes on everything else in the kitchen works .... I was thinking that light switch lurton dimmer may be the problem .......any direction would really help me.... if you need more info or pictures let me know

Old 07-05-13, 08:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I have a lutron switch with a simmer and 4 wall sockets that just stop working
What is a wall socket? Surely you don't mean receptacles because receptacles should never be on a dimmer. So are these lights, sconces. If these are the countertop receptacles they should not be on any kind of switch and should be GFCI protected. Have you checked for a tripped GFCI? In an older house it could be in any room or outside.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: