breaker chart/siemans

Old 07-09-13, 11:34 PM
breaker chart/siemans

Just wanted to share some info as to interchange on some breakers with siemens and many other manufactures.
May be helpful with older panels.
And yes Crouse hinds/Murray interchange w Siemens.

*note says only when load center is marked to accept them

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-13, 12:30 AM
Is there anywhere I can get an official copy of this? It would be handy to have in my toolbox.

Old 07-10-13, 06:56 AM
"Will Fit" does not mean UL listed. Just because you can jam them in doesn't mean it is safe. That's why the note about only when marked.

Old 07-10-13, 06:58 AM
Just wanted to share some info as to interchange on some breakers with siemens and many other manufactures.
This design has long been called interchangeable.

*note says only when load center is marked to accept them
This is the key. The problem is many manufacturer's have not had their products tested by U.L. with Siemens breakers. I asked a Siemens rep just a year ago when Siemens and Murray breakers would be approved to be interchangeable since they both come from the same factory and have an identical design, just a different label. His answer was they weren't U.L. Listed to be interchanged and as far as he knew, there were no plans for interchange testing. Just because they fit doesn't mean they can be used in the competitor's product. As always has been the rule, the label in the loadcenter will indicate what other manufacturer's breakers may be used.

Old 07-10-13, 10:26 PM
The 3rd note entails more good info as to which are not interchangable..not sure how manufacters can list this without trouble..

Old 07-11-13, 04:01 PM
Where exactly did you get that information, was it dated? I know of 3 manufacturer's who make breakers to fit old FPE Stab-Lok panels; American Circuit Breaker, Federal Pioneer and UBI. Both Siemens and I think Cutler-Hammer make breakers to fit Square D QO series loadcenters; these are U.L. Classified breakers. I think just about any of the interchangeable breakers will fit a Square D Homeline loadcenter, but as before, that doesn't make them acceptable. As far as I know, no one has made a breaker to fit the Cutler-Hammer CH series application except for Cutler-Hammer.