Need Schematic for a TS-368 Brentwood Double hot plate

Old 07-14-13, 05:42 AM
Need Schematic for a TS-368 Brentwood Double hot plate

Hello....I have a brand new Brentwood TS-368 electric double hot plate that was wired wrong. The big burner doesn't work at all, and the small one works and heats up fine but it stays on at a low setting even when you turn the dial off.

If I could get a look a the wiring schematic I could easy fix this hot plate.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-13, 05:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Even Brentwood doesn't have data on their own products. Unless you just don't want to exercise your rights under the 12 month warranty, which I suggest, and if you already have it taken apart, take a few pictures of the present wiring so we can see what you see. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 07-14-13, 09:46 AM
Thanks Chandler. I took the back off the hot plate, right away I saw a mian wire unhooked from the large heating element. So plugged that back in and it works fine now.

But the smaller element is still staying on in a low setting when turned off? I think the temperature knob was installed slightly off so it's still staying on. I pulled on the knob but it didn't release, I will have to investigate it futher.

Btw: I bought this off ebay and the seller has bad feedback for returns. Figured it would be better for to try and fix it instead of dealing with return shipping and waiting for a refund...if that would even happen?

Anyway...one problem solved, one to go. Any ideas on the small element problem??

Could get the photo to work but here's a link showing the inside of the unit.

Thanks!

DIYphotos 004 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 07-14-13, 10:45 AM
Group Moderator
The element you have problems is the one on the left in the picture ? Are the LED's staying on too ?

Very basic circuit. If the element isn't shutting off then there is a thermostat problem. You should see contacts open when you turn it off.

Name:  4321.jpg
Views: 2751
Size:  38.3 KB

Old 07-14-13, 12:18 PM
The problems with the big element are caused by the neutral being disconnected.

Old 07-14-13, 01:32 PM
Fixed!

diyhotplatefix 002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Yes...I took it apart again and yes, the contacts open and close like they're supposed to. You can hear them click as well. I think the small element was just reacting to the large element not being conntected . At any rate I'm going to unplug the unit after every use just to play it safe, plus that's what it says to do in the instruction manual.

Anyway...problems solved. But the ebay seller who is still ingnoring my messages is not going to like the feedback he gets. Good thing it was fixable because he wasn't going to do anything about it.

Thanks for the help DIY community!

Last edited by 2501bluff; 07-14-13 at 01:36 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old 07-14-13, 06:14 PM
Glad you got it working! Sorry about your ebay troubles.