No shore power to Flagstaff, 176 SD LTD

Old 07-25-13, 07:42 AM
No shore power to Flagstaff, 176 SD LTD

The 110/120 electrical circuits have stopped functioning on our Popup trailer.

Everything was fine until some time this morning when I noticed there was no power.

There is power at the pole. The GFI on the interior outlet has not tripped, and the breakers and fuses in the Inverter [World Friendship Company] seem good.

I'm in the Wilds of Newfoundland right now with no test equipment available.

Is there a breaker somewhere that I haven't found?

Any ideas? All help most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-13, 02:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is there a GFCI at the pole where you plug it in? You mention one on the interior, so I was wondering if there was another one nuisance tripping.

Old 07-25-13, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
You likely mean CONverter, not INverter.

A converter transforms 120vac power to 12 volts DC .
This will power any 12 volt lighting and accessories and charge a battery in the camper while you are connected to a 120 volt outlet.
An inverter would connect to batteries and convert the 12 volts DC to 120 volts AC.

You will really need a 120 volt test light or a meter but without one you can only look at connections to hopefully stumble on the problem.
You could have a male receptacle on the camper that ths cord plugs into and if so you could open it up and lok for a loose connection.
or, you could have a long cord inside the camper that is always connected and you pull out to plug in........check to see if this cord is plugged into a receptacle in the compartment where it is stored.

The idea would be to follow EVERY inch of the power cord then onto wherever it connects and look to see if you can see something.
You may have to remove covers and panels to do so.

Really though you are going to likely need something to test for voltage.
I spend time in the wilds myself and if you are in a location where you can park a camper and get internet I am sure you could find something to test with or someone who can.

How about a thrift shop in a little town where you can buy a $5.00 lamp, cut the plug off, strip the wires and do your testing!

Old 07-25-13, 04:14 PM
Lost the 110 on mine last weekend,turned out to be burned female end on power cord.