electric water heater


Old 07-29-13, 05:16 AM
Bernard_01's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 245
electric water heater

good morning from new Hampshire,
I will be relocating my electric hot water tank to another part of the house. can I extend the present circuit using a j-box and splicing from the original location or must I use a whole new cable from the panel to the appliance? the cable is nm 10/2 w ground.

thanks and a good day to all.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-13, 05:29 AM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,359
You can use an appropriately sized junction box with a blank cover.

It sounds like you will need a disconnect close to the new location for the WH.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes