Connecting a 3-wire junction?

Old 09-06-13, 06:55 PM
Connecting a 3-wire junction?

Well I'm on the last stages of my kitchen project and my last job is to wire my rangehood. I think this is a relatively straightforward question but how do you connect the wires properly for a 3 way junction? I'm using 14-2 and want to run the power to a junction box with one line out for the range hood and one line to a light switch on the opposite wall. I know how to connect this with a switch, but I don't actually want one so how do I do this?

Thanks for all the help!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-13, 07:12 PM
I'm using 14-2 and want to run the power to a junction box with one line out for the range hood and one line to a light switch on the opposite wall. I know how to connect this with a switch, but I don't actually want one so how do I do this?
Inside the switch box, you'll have to identify a non-switched hot wire, a neutral and ground and connect to them. You'll have to connect to the hot wire before the switch. If this is a 3-way switch, you may not have a non-switched hot wire. In that case you'll need to find another source to connect the circuit.

Old 09-06-13, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the help - looks like I'm going to find another source to connect the range hood!