Machine wiring question

Old 09-08-13, 09:38 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Machine wiring question

Hey guys,

I took apart a piece of fitness equipment to switch the casing on the machine. I did however run into a problem when I tried to take out the yellow, red, and black wires (on the top of the photograph, not the bottom ones).

I managed to get the glue off with a chemical product and a butter knife. Does anyone know how to remove these wires??? I have tried pulling it out with needle nose plyers and no luck.

The wires are connected to the part of the machine that the coord plugs into the casing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I have attached the photo I took for you guys to look at.

Thank you very much!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 09-08-13, 09:42 PM
C
Sorry the photo got flipped, the wires I am having trouble removing are the wires on the LEFT side of the picture. I will also need to know how to reattach them once I switch the silver casing.

I'm not much of a do-it-yourselfer, but im trying to learn!!

Old 09-09-13, 04:48 AM
Received 78 Upvotes on 73 Posts
The wires on the power inlet are soldered and heat shrink covered and cannot be removed easily. You can remove the wires from the switch though.

Old 09-09-13, 09:08 AM
C
So how would I go about getting those wires out??? How about reattaching them?

Old 09-09-13, 02:25 PM
Received 78 Upvotes on 73 Posts
You would have to remove the heatshrink and unsolder the wires from the terminals
To reattach you would have to remove most of the old solder and then get some heatshrink to put over the connection and then you would resolder the wires to the terminals

Old 09-09-13, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
You want to disconnect the wiring so that you can pull the receptacle out and move it to another case..... correct ?

Pull the red and black wires off the switch..... leave them alone on the receptacle. The yellow/green may go to a screw terminal where you could remove it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: