LR-22132 single phase connection help

Old 09-13-13, 09:43 AM
Question LR-22132 single phase connection help

Hi forum,this is my first post,im an electrician in toronto. I came across a single phase motor,i think it may be a Doerr but the nameplate is the only visible label. Its dual voltage 115v or 208_240v 1/4HP.THERE IS NO WIRING DIAGRAM. i need to conect it so i get max RPM(1750) and i need to connect it to 115v. I need help with the connection part. The wires in the box are 1.2.3.5.6.7.8(no 4) it was connected (3.5.7) (1.2.8) (6). I connected L1to 6 and L2 to 1.2.8 and 3.5.7 where marreted together. It did work but i want to know if that is the low voltage side,i dont wany to fool around and end up burning the coil. So if anyone has a diagram to see how to connect it ,the specs or a link to see how my specific motor is wired. I tried searching but i was unsuccessful. It would help me lots. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-13, 09:58 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Usually the wiring diagrams are on the back side of the junction box cover.

The following thread was about that motor.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...2132-220v.html

I'm concerned that you don't have a #4 wire as it is required to make the motor run properly.
The illustration below should be the wiring diagram for that motor. The #8wire is for starting and might be of a little concern as you probably have binding posts in that motor.

A picture of the connection block/posts might be helpful.

I'm also finding this motor listed as a 1/2 hp or 1-1/2 hp ...... so there is a little confusion about it.

In re-reading your opening post...... this diagram may not be the correct one. I'll check further.
Name:  kk.jpg
Views: 5593
Size:  20.7 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 09-13-13 at 10:18 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-13-13, 01:01 PM
Thank you for the reply,and that is exactly what i seen so far, but doesnt work for mine,if you find something let me know

Old 09-13-13, 07:19 PM
From Post 11 in the other thread.

The thread you found is a year old, I doubt anyone is still following it. If you don't mind making a long distance call, try calling (314) 595-8000. The receptionist at the Emerson Motor Tech Center should be able to connect you to one of the engineers who can help you.
Emerson bought Doerr I think in 1986. Emerson Motors was sold to Nidec a couple years ago, but the engineering is in the same building with the same phone number. Here's another number too:

Nidec Motor Corporation 8050 West Florissant Avenue St. Louis, MO 63136 Tel: (888) 637-7333 - See more at: Contact Us

Old 09-13-13, 08:32 PM
Group Moderator
So I take it there is no wiring cover or it's missing the diagram.

It would be easy (at least for me) to open all the wire connections and use an ohmmeter to determine the windings. The two run windings will measure the same while the start winding will measure lower.

I'm curious....in the title you posted LR-22132. Where did you arrive at that model number since it doesn't seem to match the specs. you posted based on all the info I've read.

[h=2][/h]

Old 09-13-13, 09:41 PM
I can post some pics so you guys see,thats the model number i seen engraved on the motor.the guy who gave it to.me said he recalls to be a cap start and it has an induction start.i dont know, i dont see a centrifical switch on the shaft,well if we cant find anything about the diagrams, please keep advicing.me on tips to find.the windings,like the.ohmeter tip you gave me,the more tests i can perform without burning the coils ill do.

Ill try calling the numbers, too bad im just guessing is a doerr.

If i can.learn a thinh or two on troubleshooting motors it would be nice too

Old 09-13-13, 10:38 PM
Group Moderator
The way to go about it is look at the diagram I posted above.

One run winding is 1 and 2
The other run winding is 3 and 4
The start winding is 5 and 8.

You'll notice those are three distinct coils of wire with no interconnection. So after you open the leads up you would check from one wire to all the others. You would do that for each winding. Since that is a dual voltage motor.....if you were running it on 120v you would put 1and 3 together and 2 and 4 together. You would parallel the windings as each one is a 120v.

If you were running the motor on 240v you would connect 2 and 3 together. That would put the two 120v windings in series for 240v operation.

As you check resistances.... the two run windings will have the same or very close resisitance. The start winding would be different.

As we have determined, these wire numbers don't refer to you motor.....I'm just using them as they match the diagram above.

Old 09-14-13, 06:50 AM
You could always take it to a local motor shop too and let them figure it out.