Electrical conduit and future growth

Old 11-04-13, 09:33 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Electrical conduit and future growth

I just added an addition to my house and this weekend we trenched in an electrical run 12/2 using exterior electrical wire thru 1 inch pvc pipe to an outside pad where i have my trailer parked.

We not connected at the house side YET because we trying to figure out how to plan for a deck in the future so the top of the 90 degree bend is taped off at the base of the house with wire coiled next to it. We were going to use LB service entrance into the house but there no way to run another electrical cable at that service entrance to the future deck and I cannot find an LB service entrance with a side 90 that we could seal till a later date.

So what would be the correct way to tie into the house yet still have the ability for future growth on a separate circuit using an outside service entrance.

Hope it made sense

Old 11-04-13, 10:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 6 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Not sure what your goal is, but as far as the "LB service entrance(?) with a side 90" goes, are you looking for an LR or LL?

Old 11-04-13, 05:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
It may make sense to pull out the cable and install individual conductors. You could split at a junction box near the deck.

Old 11-04-13, 05:55 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I cannot find an LB service entrance with a side 90 that we could seal till a later date.
You could use a "T" under the LB condulet.

https://www.platt.com/platt-electric...px?zpid=730846

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: