PullBox Common Ground?

Old 11-11-13, 11:23 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PullBox Common Ground?

In a previous post - I had inquired about how to properly bond a pull-box that lives at the end of a 20 or so foot run of 1.5" - FMC.

Based on the replies - it sounds like running a large conductor to a ground bar in the box is the most efficient way to run the most number of circuits in this conduits when constrained by conduit fill limitations and conductor de-rating.

So...

I like the idea of running a common ground to the pull box...

anyone know if it is code in LA (California) to run say a common #4 ground wire to the ground bar (even with derating of 50%) that would give me 47.5Amp (95 Max * 50%)

Then just run the hot/neutral in the conduit to save space?

if so, this would solve my issues for not having enough space.

Thanks!
ERik

Old 11-11-13, 01:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 206 Upvotes on 179 Posts
The grounding wire is based on the largest circuit in the conduit. What is he largest circuit you will have in the flex?

Old 11-11-13, 01:27 PM
P
Largest Run

the largest run i would has will be the furture oven circuit -- which depending on the oven will be - between 40 and 50 Amp

Old 11-11-13, 10:56 PM
The size of the ground wire for circuits 30A to 60A is #10 copper, bare or green. And for the life of me I can't think of a reason to upsize it for bundling. But even if upsizing is necessary, #4 is overkill. #6 would be more than enough.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: