main panel /sub panel

Old 09-30-13, 09:42 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
main panel /sub panel

I keep reading about sub panels in the garage run off main panel in basement, it looks like in my house I have main electric line from street going to meter outside of house and then into garage,panel which is a 150 amp single breaker, then wires go from that box to cellar where all individual breakers are, so does this mean the main breaker is in the garage and the sub panel is in the basement? I want to hook up a generator, so should I hook the generator to the garage panel with the single 150 amp breaker, or run downstairs to the other panel?

Thanks

Old 11-26-13, 04:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I have main electric line from street going to meter outside of house and then into garage,panel which is a 150 amp single breaker, then wires go from that box to cellar where all individual breakers are, so does this mean the main breaker is in the garage and the sub panel is in the basement?
Yes, that is correct.

want to hook up a generator, so should I hook the generator to the garage panel with the single 150 amp breaker, or run downstairs to the other panel?
It depends on what you want to power.

Sorry for the late reply but you posted to a sticky instead of starting your own thread so it was missed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: