EATON Panel and Breakers

Old 02-18-14, 07:04 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question EATON Panel and Breakers

hi all, i have breakers which don't RESET anymore with the TEST button, had everything tested and all works in the house, had electrician come out for troubleshooting/ making sure all is okay. (costly decision!!!! 2x companies, all said breakers are sensitive and just the way they are!) anyways.
my question is: looking at the pictures I have taken, what other brand, for example SIEMENS? can i install in the PANEL i have to replace these EATON sensitive breakers?
thank you all for your help and support in advance.

here are the pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/u9joi5rje6q65ox/E2l7srvfnL

Old 02-18-14, 07:45 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
i have breakers which don't RESET anymore with the TEST button
The TEST button doesn't reset the AFCI breakers, it merely trips the AFCI breaker to test it. You reset them by firmly pushing the handle all the way to OFF and then back to ON. If it trips immediately, you ghave a fault. How old are these AFCI breakers? As I recall, they are warranted for 10 years if they are faulty. If you want to replace them with another brand, check the label inside the panel door and see what other manufacturer's breakers, if any, are approved for use in that panel. I don't think you'll find any AFCI breakers from other manufacturers that will be less sensitive.

You said they are too sensitive, what exactly is the problem you are having? You show both AFCI type breakers and regular Type BR breakers (and tandems) in your pictures, are you having trouble with the regular BRs too?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: