Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Doerr Motor identifying leads and it's connection (star or delta?)

Doerr Motor identifying leads and it's connection (star or delta?)

Old 03-02-14, 10:12 AM
Question Doerr Motor identifying leads and it's connection (star or delta?)

Good day every one ! i would like to ask for the correct wiring or connection of my motor: purchase secondhand to a scrap yard
brand: Doer 1.5hp, 3 phase
just want to know or to ask how to connect the leads of this motor to a teco vfd, i'm very confuse with the wiring S1 and S2, i test it directly on 3 phase power and its running but the S1&S2 is not connected, please see attach photos, thank you in advance diy's !

ps: I'm building a homemade belt grinder for home use, and i want to test or try this motor; by the way' that nameplate only is what i found attached to the motor,been on i-net looking for same like this no chance to find or maybe i just don't know..

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-14, 11:27 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

I see 208vac 60hz on the motor but your power is 220vac 60hz.
Do you actually have three phase power at your house ?

The S1 and S2 wires could be for some type of speed sensor. There is not start circuit in that motor in that it's three phase.

Old 03-02-14, 11:32 AM
What resistance do you get between S1 & S2? These may be from an internal CT (current transducer) used to control and monitor the motor via a VFD.

So you're saying you can connect the motor to three phase 240V and it works?
Looks like it's a 208V motor.
Do you have a pic of your VFD?

Old 03-02-14, 07:18 PM
thanks for the reply; the resistance is (0) zero, continuity.. just look for doerr diagram via google can't find it, my thinking is S1 and S2 , going crazy now; i'm not electrician that's why..

Old 03-02-14, 07:29 PM
yes sir i do have in my house, (expatriates here in Saudi Arabia) i tyr for just a couple of second may be a minute then cut off, i found one exactly the same motor used it in a cooling system of a computer hardware,

Old 03-03-14, 08:34 AM
just want to know or to ask how to connect the leads of this motor to a teco vfd, i'm very confuse with the wiring S1 and S2, i test it directly on 3 phase power and its running but the S1&S2 is not connected, please see attach photos, thank you in advance diy's !
Why don't you contact the manufacturer? Now, here's the deal. Doerr was bought from Grainger by Emerson Motors in 1986 and the Cedarburg, WI plant was shut down. The Doerr label eventually went away and the Doerr product line was integrated into the Emerson Motor product line. Emerson sold Emerson Motors a few years ago to Nidec, but the engineering for Nidec remains in the old Emerson Engineering facility. Here's how to contact them.

Contact Us

Old 03-03-14, 01:17 PM
oh thanks brother.. i will contact them, thank you so much..

Old 03-03-14, 05:22 PM
No problem. Good luck to you on your project.