How to run

Old 03-08-14, 04:20 PM
How to run

I'm in Omaha Nebraska, and I'm finishing my basement and I have installed recessed lighting. I'm working on getting them all wired together.

I'm stuck, ok not really stuck but trying to find an economical way to run between two can. In my way is a HVAC cold air return then in the next area is a HVAC duct.

My question, I also have an I beam support that is framed in, can I run the electrical through the I beam framing? How do I secure the wire?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-14, 04:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is the ceiling finished, or do you have room to work? If you could post a couple of pictures showing your situation, it may help us to help you get it working. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 03-08-14, 04:57 PM
Name:  20140308_173019.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  35.2 KBHere is a bad picture of what I'm trying to do. You see the can light, then you see the cold air return, the next area over is a HVAC run, and the refrigerant tubing for the ac. You can kinda see the I beam, my question is can I run the wire inside the framing for the I beam to get across the cold air return then go up and cross the I beam? If I can, what is a good way to secure the wire?

Thanks!!!Name:  20140308_173019.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  35.2 KB

Old 03-08-14, 05:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes you can run in the beam space. Wedge a block of wood in the web and staple the cable to it.

Old 03-08-14, 05:22 PM
Sorry the picture isn't that great, will take a better one when wife gets back