Question about conduit

Old 04-05-14, 12:14 PM
Question about conduit

I recently updated the sunroom in my home which included pulling some new Romex to feed a couple outlets and some LED can lights. The feed comes up through the basement floor into some plastic conduit into a plastic box with a GFCI outlet. From there, it goes out into another piece of conduit up into the drop ceiling where it then exits the conduit and feeds the other outlet on the opposing wall and the switch for my lights. My question is where the wire passes through the hole in the floor and into the conduit, I'm not sure what I need to put there to stabilize it. Is there a clamp of some kind? I've done tons of wiring, but I'm not too keen with the conduit. The only reason I had to use it is because the sunroom was originally(a long time ago) an outside porch which is now enclosed, therefore it is on the outside of the brick hence I could not run it inside any wall. Any advice would be great. We are looking to sell soon and I want everything to be up to par for any inspections.
Name:  IMG_1542.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  36.5 KB
Here you can see it is kind of just hanging until I figure out how it should be terminated. Thanks for any help !

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-14, 12:18 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

There are many types of conduit straps out there. Browse the electrical isle at the big box and there should be one that will fit your need. They do not need to be plastic just because they are strapping plastic pipe. You will need a hammer drill to attach them to the block wall though using plastic anchors.

Old 04-05-14, 12:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums. Does the conduit extend below the floor? You should be running THWN or THHN individual wires through the conduit. Much easier than trying to run Romex through it. Use these clamps to stabilize your conduit to the brick, using plastic mollies and screws.

Old 04-05-14, 12:32 PM
Thank you for the quick replies! No the conduit does not go into or below the floor. So fastening it to the brick with clamps is good enough?
Name:  clamp.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  3.8 KB
I have plenty of these.

Old 04-05-14, 01:17 PM
Group Moderator
Yes. That should be fine. You don't have to go crazy. 2 or 3 will suffice.

Old 04-05-14, 03:36 PM
Awesome. Thank you for your input!