One Outside Outlet Not Working

Old 04-06-14, 08:02 AM
One Outside Outlet Not Working

I had some Christmas lighted plugged in over the holidays and when I came home after it rained they were out. I figured the GFI and/or breaker were tripped. I have checked every outlet in the house (including GFI) and all are working. In addition, I have checked every outlet (including the other three outside outlets) and all are working. The problem is isolated to this one out. I'm a very good handyman but this problem is about to drive me crazy trying to figure it out.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mitch

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-14, 08:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Have you checked the infamous GFCI behind the stack of boxes in the garage? Have you removed power from this receptacle and pulled it from the box? Back stabbing of receptacles often results in poor connection. Water doesn't help. Are the other receptacles tied to this one?

Old 04-06-14, 08:40 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, there is likely a GFCI that is hiding some place. Went to one service call with a similar issue. Found the GFCI under the stairs in a crawlspace.

Old 04-06-14, 09:05 AM
thanks for the reply. i found the issues.....wire behind the GFI came loose. No idea how this can happen other then general movement of things unplugging from the outlet. i re-connected the wire and now it works.

Old 04-06-14, 09:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Glad you found it, and thanks for letting us know. Welcome back anytime!!