circuit breakers

Old 04-06-14, 09:23 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
circuit breakers

Separated from: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...placement.html

It is possible that the breaker connection to the bus bar has been arcing and has welded itself to the bus bar. In which case, if there is no other available spaces left in the panel for a breaker to be added, a new panel is in your future.

What is the reason for the replacement? I need to replace the circuit breaker serving my clothes dryer. The identification info on the breaker is worn off, but all the other breakers are Bryant type BR, so I assume this one is also. It appears to actually be two identical breakers, but the on/off switches are held together with a metal cover strip. The cover strip has a window that shows that one of the breakers is 30 amp.

The on/off switch handles are green. I have had to replace another breaker before, and I know they from the breaker box. The box has a cartridge that the breaker fits onto.

Last edited by ray2047; 04-06-14 at 10:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-14, 11:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 83 Votes on 71 Posts
There should be a list of acceptable breakers on the label inside the panel.

Old 04-10-14, 06:46 AM
Received 83 Votes on 73 Posts
I need to replace the circuit breaker serving my clothes dryer. The identification info on the breaker is worn off, but all the other breakers are Bryant type BR, so I assume this one is also. It appears to actually be two identical breakers, but the on/off switches are held together with a metal cover strip. The cover strip has a window that shows that one of the breakers is 30 amp.
Use a Cutler-Hammer BR230, 30A 2P breaker in your Bryant panel.