Porch light troubles

Old 04-25-14, 01:15 AM
Porch light troubles

Hi, I bought/installed a motion sensing porch light about 5 years ago. It worked fine, but earlier this winter, it stopped coming on. I'd flick the switch on and off, and nothing would happen. I'd hit the test switch on the unit, and it'd come on. After a few weeks, I'd get it to come on with motion, but then, it wouldn't turn off. So, I figure the unit is just screwed, and I replace it with a new unit. Welp, now this light will come on with motion and will sometimes just stay on. This is so weird. Two different units - same problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-14, 04:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you set the sensitivity? If you flip your switch off and back on immediately, the circuitry will tell the light to stay on until the sun comes up and turns it off, or you turn it off for about 5 seconds to reset it.

Old 04-25-14, 05:17 AM
It's probably a Heath Zenith brand. Although the most popular, they are not the best. I would return it for a replacement unit. At our store we get a number of these returned as defective. That said, there is nothing wrong with these units. Usually 5 to 6 years use is average.