Honeywell HVC0001 Wiring

Old 04-26-14, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HVC0001 Wiring

Hi all,

I purchased one of these to replace my normal fan switch in the bathroom, but I'm not sure how to wire it. Inside my current setup, I see 2 black wires and ground going to each switch (one for the light and one for the fan). I also see white wires with a wire nut and think I see a red wire too. The wiring diagram for the Honeywell can be found here:

Honeywell HVC0001 Installation Instructions and Product Brochures

Any help on which wires should go where would be much appreciated. Thanks alot!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-14, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Pull your existing fan switch out of the switch box. Identify which of the two black wires connected to it is the always hot line feed from the panel and which is the wire going to the fan. Connect the always hot line feed wire to the upper power terminal on your new controller. Connect the load wire for the fan to the lower power terminal. Connect the ground wire to the green ground terminal.

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...structions.pdf

Old 04-26-14, 07:36 PM
Thanks. Sounds like I don't need to worry about the white wires. I will pick up a new voltage detector in the morning as my old one no longer works.

Old 04-26-14, 07:45 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I will pick up a new voltage detector in the morning as my old one no longer works
If you mean non contact tester don't bother. It won't answer the question. What you need is an analog (not digital) multimeter. A cheap $8-$15 one will do fine.

Old 04-27-14, 09:17 AM
Got everything wired up and seems to be working perfectly. I did use a Klein non-contact detector and it picked up voltage on one of the black wires. Good thing too because the hot line was on the bottom screw of the switch which I understand is less common than using the top screw. Thanks for the help!

Old 04-27-14, 10:37 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I did use a Klein non-contact detector and it picked up voltage on one of the black wires.
It wasn't the non contact tester it was the 50/50 chance of guessing right. All it takes is a little induced voltage from somewhere for them to beep.
Good thing too because the hot line was on the bottom screw of the switch which I understand is less common than using the top screw.
No, it can be on either terminal. Luck of the draw. Glad you got it but it was luck that helped you.