Wiring a central air condensor

Old 04-26-14, 09:26 PM
Wiring a central air condensor

This is a new unit by York model number YCJD18S41S1A. Can't find service manual. However sticker says Max circuit breaker - 15. My plan is to us a 2 pole 15 amp breaker with 12/3 wire to a 15 amp fused outdoor service disconnect and a liquidtite or sealtite whip to the unit. My questions are. Can I use a 30 amp disconnect? Also I've been looking online and I can only
Find a sealtite whip with 10/3 wires in it. Is it okay to use the larger wire for the whip. I want to order parts online and don't want to have to send them back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Frank

Ps: if anyone has the service manual for that model or knows where I can find it online in PDF format could you please either send it to me or tell me how to get it. Last resort I'll call York.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-14, 09:41 PM
My questions are. Can I use a 30 amp disconnect?
Yes.

I can only find a sealtite whip with 10/3 wires in it. Is it okay to use the larger wire for the whip.
Yes....................................

Old 04-26-14, 11:45 PM
Group Moderator
You are correct..... your unit requires 15A @ 240v. You only need two conductors and a ground. You also only need a non-fused disconnect.

Using the link below you can locate any manual you need for your unit.
InformationCenter/York/Archive_CDs/York_2010A/catalog/DETAILS/brand=york&id=2760.html

(Installation instructions would be akin to a service manual.)

Old 04-27-14, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. My electrician left me in a bad spot and now I'm doing it myself