Wiring a central air condensor

Old 04-26-14, 09:26 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring a central air condensor

This is a new unit by York model number YCJD18S41S1A. Can't find service manual. However sticker says Max circuit breaker - 15. My plan is to us a 2 pole 15 amp breaker with 12/3 wire to a 15 amp fused outdoor service disconnect and a liquidtite or sealtite whip to the unit. My questions are. Can I use a 30 amp disconnect? Also I've been looking online and I can only
Find a sealtite whip with 10/3 wires in it. Is it okay to use the larger wire for the whip. I want to order parts online and don't want to have to send them back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Frank

Ps: if anyone has the service manual for that model or knows where I can find it online in PDF format could you please either send it to me or tell me how to get it. Last resort I'll call York.

Old 04-26-14, 09:41 PM
Received 6 Upvotes on 5 Posts
My questions are. Can I use a 30 amp disconnect?
Yes.

I can only find a sealtite whip with 10/3 wires in it. Is it okay to use the larger wire for the whip.
Yes....................................

Old 04-26-14, 11:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
You are correct..... your unit requires 15A @ 240v. You only need two conductors and a ground. You also only need a non-fused disconnect.

Using the link below you can locate any manual you need for your unit.
InformationCenter/York/Archive_CDs/York_2010A/catalog/DETAILS/brand=york&id=2760.html

(Installation instructions would be akin to a service manual.)

Old 04-27-14, 02:22 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. My electrician left me in a bad spot and now I'm doing it myself

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: