Tile floor heater

Old 04-29-14, 04:22 PM
Tile floor heater

Trying to install the thermostat for my electric floor tile heater but I can't seem to get the thermostat to power on. When I wire the thermostat into other circuits, it works fine so I know the thermo is functional. The circuit I'm trying to wire into has two hots (red & black), neutral, and ground. I'm not getting any power on the black wire so I just put a nut on it and taped it up b/c I only need one hot wire for the thermo. I tested hot-neutral, hot-ground, and neutral-ground and everything seems to work fine according to my multimeter. Anybody have a clue what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-14, 04:48 PM
Is this a 220 volt circuit? Have you identified the wires in the box that come from the heat?
Geo

Old 04-29-14, 05:10 PM
120V. Yeah I ID'd the wires from the heating elements. They are supposed to tie in to the back of the thermostat once I can get it to power on. The back of the thermostat has 1 HOT 1 NEUTRAL that go in and 1 HOT 1 NEUTRAL that come out and tie into the heating element wires.

Old 04-29-14, 06:09 PM
Are you getting 120 between the Red and neutral? Are the Black and Red in the same cable moving into the box?
Geo

Old 04-29-14, 06:44 PM
Group Moderator
Do you also have a remote thermostat sensor that is located in the floor and connects to the thermostat with two wires ?

Old 04-30-14, 04:38 AM
Has the heat ever worked,what model thermostat are you using ?
Geo